What is BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic (Botulinum Toxin Type A) is a purified protein that is administered in a simple, nonsurgical procedure and is used to treat the visual signs of aging by reducing or removing wrinkles. The procedure is considered a safe, effective way of treating aging skin.
Common areas for Botox® injections include horizontal forehead furrows, vertical lines between the eyebrows (frown lines) and "crow's feet" around the eyes. Botox® has proven to be the best non-surgical form of facial rejuvenation and is capable of producing phenomenal improvements in your appearance.
* Most popular. Compared to all professionally administered cosmetic procedures for 6 years running.
* Established. Approximately 9.4 million BOTOX® Cosmetic procedures have been administered in the United States since 2002.
* Satisfying. 97% of patients surveyed were satisfied with their results from BOTOX® Cosmetic treatments.
How does BOTOX® Cosmetic work?
Very low doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic (0.5 - 1.0 cc’s) are placed directly into the contracting muscles that led to the skin to crease and wrinkle. By blocking the release of the chemical that causes the muscle to contract, BOTOX® Cosmetic enables them to relax, so the skin appears smoother.
Patients generally return to their normal activities immediately after the procedure, however following the post-procedure guidelines will dramatically reduce the length and intensity of the recovery period. Patients should avoid engaging in heavy physical exercise, applying cosmetics, or laying down flat for a minimum of 2 hours after the injections. It is also advisable to avoid rubbing or massaging the injected area for at least 24 hours.
Within 1 to 2 days, you may notice a softening/smoothing in the appearence of your facial lines. Results vary, and visible results have been shown to last approximately three to six months after which the patient may choose to repeat the procedure.
* Minimal and brief discomfort. No anesthesia required.
* No downtime. Often called a lunchtime procedure.